Hmm..this question assumes I am not happy right now, or perhaps not as happy as I could be.
Dictionary.com defines Happy as:
- delighted, pleased, or glad, as over a particular thing:to be happy to see a person.
- characterized by or indicative of pleasure, contentment, or joy:a happy mood; a happy frame of mind.
- favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky:a happy, fruitful land.
Right now it just so happens I am happy! And why might that be?
- I got to see my daughter and 2 of my grandsons this morning.
- I donated plasma so I made $35 for an hour of my time.
- My cousins/mom’s cousins, my sister and a few aunts are coming for dinner tonight for the monthly gathering to consume wine, eat good food, catch up, laugh and simply enjoy each other’s company.
- I found someone to cover my shift today.
- I’m spending my weekend caring for those same 2 grandsons while their parents are away camping with church couples.
- I have several great crochet projects going that I love.
Happiness comes easy for me, I’m a very simple person to please. Little things make me very happy, so right now, pretty much any of the above or a call/text from a friend, a good laugh, sounds of my cat purring…just little things.