I Need A Shower…SQUIRREL!
Not because I’m filthy or stink, I just need a shower. I have gold medal worthy bed head, morning breath, wearing my wrinkled jammies and sipping coffee. All this while doing laundry, because I multi-task like a boss. I need a shower.
My brain is processing a lot of things at the moment:
- I need to be in bed early tonight because tomorrow is day one of 3 in a row at work (12.5 hour days).
- I need a cute way to decorate my planner for football season (GO BENGALS) as preseason games start soon.
- SO much laundry is piled up on Mt. Washmore that I need to attack it even though it isn’t mine, my sister will appreciate it.
- Trying not to think too much about how this time next year mom probably won’t be with us anymore.
- That book I am writing…still so much to do with that one.
- Blankets, dear me I have 3 in process, one is for my 5th grandchild so I need to get it finished as he has arrived. One is for the 4th grandchild, who is nearly a year old, must stop letting the changing landscape of life throw me off my game.
- Coffee….yes more coffee is in order.
- Crap, time to wash the bedding, need to do that today too.
- Library books, best check and see if the ones on hold have arrived.
- Oh that reminds me I need to actually finish reading some of the ones sitting on my desk.
- Baby Jace, I need to go see the 5th grandchild again, soon. Love his cute little self.
- I need to grab a shower at some point here.
All that and one thousand other thoughts floating about in my head, all at once. One of the most important being that I really DO need to get a shower if I hope to get many of the things on my to-do list accomplished today.
YUM…oatmeal! Old fashioned style with a bit of dark brown sugar and another cup of coffee. I really did go stick another load of laundry in just now, have to get the bedding washed before the cats lay all over my memory foam mattress cover and leave a mess of fur for me to attack with the lint roller.
I’m very excited that today, at some point, a delivery will arrive. My compression socks for work. I need those as I’m on my feet for 12.5 hours and I just know it will help my legs not feel so fatigued at the end of my shift. And it also has my very first ever seasonal, super cute scrub top. I bought a Halloween one. I will get a few more too, as I plan to wear those all through the month of October. Scrubs are so much fun, I’m thankful to be working in a facility that allows us the freedom to wear any ones we want instead of issuing a particular color. Two of the nurses always wear ‘prison grey’ on Mondays, which is funny to me, as Monday just kinda sucks for a lot of folks. Of course when your shifts rotate around the week like ours, weekends tend to lose any real thrill except that we work every 3rd one so we’re always happy when we don’t. Well that isn’t really true except that I miss church, otherwise it is just another day to me to be with and care for my sweet old residents. Some aren’t so sweet, but I love each one in some weird way and care about them. So anyway, I’m super stoked that I will have my first holiday top today.
Okay, time to act like I have a lengthy list that needs checking off or nothing will get done at all today.
First things first though,
I need a shower…