Hi, I’m Marti And I’m Marvelous
Hi there, how are you? I’ve picked up a lot of new readers lately so I decided to take a few minutes to tell you who I am and why I am out here publicly telling the world about things like why my dog poops at work. But that is another post all on it’s own.
My name is Marti, and I am pretty marvelous. Actually that started when Sesame Street had a character for the letter ‘M’, Marvelous Martha. Mom called me that a few times, though in playing along with the show, because my entire family and every friend I have had calls me Marti. The only exception in the family was grandpa, who called me Martha Marie. But only he was ever permitted to do that, no one else is ever allowed to refer to me by that name as he was the greatest man I have ever known and I adored him. The rest of the family actually calls me little Mart because mom is big Mart. I’m named after mom…and her mom.
I try very hard in my life to look for the silver lining. No, life is not perfect and mine is no bed of thornless roses, but we all have a choice to be happy and positive, or miserable and negative. I make the choice of going with positive. This has been mistaken by some to be ‘ego’. Not at all the case, more like I just see no reason to curl up in a ball and feel sorry for myself, stir drama and try to draw attention to myself with folks feeling sorry for me and fawning all over me. I don’t need that kind of attention in my life. I prefer folks see me as a happy, fun, funny, quirky, good time kinda gal, someone marvelously wonderful to have as a friend. And with very few exceptions, that is how I am known. From my Avon sisters to the folks I used to work with, to my family and friends, I am all of those fun things and I enjoy being me.
Blogging is just a creative form of journaling for me. While some think I let it all hang out (and I am a fairly open book), there is a surprising amount of things I do not share here on my page. I have used it as a way to lash out at people but it has been a few years since I did that and I’ve made all of the apologies I will ever make for those things.
I love to write, it is like therapy for me. I am currently writing a non-fiction book of my journey of faith, falling from it, and crawling back up on that path. I also have a work of fiction under way. My blog just lets me vent, cheer, unload and decompress. It doesn’t hurt that I’ve gained quite a following as well, the numbers of followers by email and RSS etc always amazes me, I had no idea anyone cared to read what I write.
So, for all of you who are new, welcome to my crazy life. It’s like my own reality show, and you get to join me for the insanity.
Random Marti Facts:
- I LOVE coffee. Regular, flavored, I usually have a cup with me at all times.
- My favorite color is pink. Yes always has been. Had a bubble gum pink room growing up.
- Second favorite color is purple. I leaned on that once for a while not to offend someone.
- I’ve stopped exchanging who I am to please others. Take me or leave me, I am who I am.
- I love dark chocolate. Add nuts even better.
- Ice cream is a weakness.
- I’ve been married twice. First time was a short one, second was 22 years. I’ve been divorced 4 years. I loved being married but being single certainly has it’s benefits!
- I’m a born again Christian. I’m also a sinner but I’m trying to lead a godly life. I screw up, but thankfully I’m forgiven.
- I forgive others way too easily, hence I tend to have numerous knives in my back that others cannot see.
- I sleep well at night, I have a crystal clear conscience.
- Currently I am in the midst of menopause and that sucks big hairy monkey balls. Sorry if that offends some but it’s just the facts.
- I am mom to 2 of the best people who ever walked the planet, and mother-in-law to 2 more of those types.
- Nana is the best name ever! Grandma is the best stage of life. I have 3 with one more due any minute now.
- I live in the Diva Den. That is a wonderful, very large house with my mom, sister and now one niece. The other niece moved out to live with her boyfriend. We have more fun than the law should allow.
- My favorite shows are (in no particular order): Sons Of Anarchy, Downton Abbey, CSI, Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods, Unforgettable, Under The Dome, NCIS.
- I LOVE football. Nope I still don’t totally understand some things but I love love love to watch. Love the Bengals, and yes I am fully aware that they are not the greatest team but hey, at this writing they are 2-0 so here is hoping for a winning season.
- I am a full time Avon Representative, currently selling at President’s Club level and a Unit Leader with my sights on SEUL. I am looking to grow my team all over the USA so contact me if you are interested. Yes you really can make a living selling lipstick.
Stick around, it’s rarely boring in my life and I’m usually sharing it!