10 Websites I Love
As a part of the 100 Things I Love series, here are 10 websites I love. Not necessarily in any particular order, and by no means and exhaustive list! I am going to do a 10 blogs I love to read another time so this won’t include blogs. It doesn’t include social media either, that is another category on it’s own. 🙂
- The Cincinnati Fire Department History site is one of my favorite. I have 2 brothers and 2 ex husbands that are fire fighters so I have an appreciation for the profession. The webmaster of this site did a lot of hard work and still adds things to it. If you are a fire history buff check it out, you won’t be disappointed.
- My favorite place to hunt for bargains is Woot as I have found some awesome deals there. It has to be checked daily and most days I don’t find anything I necessarily want but every so often there is a great deal on good wine or electronics that I just have to purchase!
- My latest addiction is Pinterest, a virtual pin board for sticking photos that link me to fashion, food, recipes, quotes, decorating ideas etc that I want to keep track of for future use. MUCH nicer than saving them in my bookmarks on my browser.
- At the moment my Avon site is definitely on top as it is my income aside from daycare and the key to my future. I love this job and love the products. Visit me, you can order on the site and have it shipped directly to you, and your business is very much appreciated!
- A proud westsider in Cincinnati, I love my local community paper to keep up on what is going on around me. I can read the e-edition flipping ‘pages’ and seeing the actual paper itself.
- I also very much enjoy my township’s webpage to stay up to date on my community.
- While I LOVE my Kindle, there is still something that draws me to the library. The Cincinnati Public Library site is one of my top 10 because sometimes buying books for Kindle isn’t in the budget. Not to mention there is no cluttering up the house, read ’em and return ’em. There are events held at the library so I use the site not only the check for a book but to see what is going on at the local branch. Or just go curl up in a corner in my favorite land of books to read.
- That brings me to my library’s downloadable site for those times when I just want to borrow a book on Kindle and not have to go out to get it or worry about returning it on time. I need a line item in my budget for over due fees! Free is always good!
- No top 10 would be complete without Google as I use it daily, multiple times a day!
- And last but not least Amazon is critical if I do wish to purchase a book for my Kindle, not to mention a bunch of other great things!