It’s that time of the year again, when colds and flu are rampant and everyone is stuffed up, coughing and sneezing…it’s gross really.
I am a victim yet again of the cough, sniffle, blow, wipe, sneeze and repeat process. I am stuffed up tight despite the nasal sprays, Neti Pot and Thermaflu in an effort to un-clog the nasal passages. This just sucks. Without NyQuil and a few beers I’d likely not get any sleep. Yes I know, this isn’t good to do. DON’T try it at home, I’m a
certifiable nutcase professional, leave it to us Pros.
Despite not feeling 100% I did manage to sign 2 new recruits this weekend, and hopefully a 3rd this evening. I have another for later this week. All in all, no complaints there. However, by the time I finish this meeting tonight I’ll be lucky to have any voice left to speak of!
I’ve decided to take part in a new (new to me) blog hop/meme today. I found it on a blog I follow and it looked fun. I love lists so this one is right up my alley. Today it is 10 things I said I’d never do, then found myself doing. This won’t be that hard, I hope. Click the Monday Listicles icon below to be magically transported over to North West Mommy’s page to link up!
10 Things I Said I Will Never Do
- Get married again (after the first fiasco – and then I did. Said it again after 22yr marriage ended…but I know I will)
- Pick up a piece of food or a pacifier and blow/lick it off before giving it back to a child, once it has fallen on the floor.
- Own a cat, “the only good cat is a dead cat” was my motto…Reformed cat hater here! Currently we have 3.
- Call in sick to work when I wasn’t ill – I called it a mentally health day.
- Move back in with my mom. Oh I love mom and love living with her, but in your late 40s??? Yeah well it ranks up there as one of the best things I’ve done in my life.
- Forgive the ex-husband. Did, and what a weight is off my shoulders.
- Use some of my mother’s famous lines with my kids….oh to have a $1 for every time I heard my mom coming out of my mouth!
- Babysit as an income…who knew the economy would tank and I’d be laid off after 26 years at one company? And then 2 more times? Turns out it is the second best job I’ve ever had!
- Sell Avon – silly me, not only do I sell it, it IS my all time favorite job and I’m in leadership and loving it.
- Dye my hair any color but it’s natural blond. And then my sister and nieces went auburn for the winter…and I followed right along!